Personal information means information which identifies you as an individual or which renders you reasonably identifiable. Your first and last name, date of birth, gender, home address, contact telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address and employment details are examples of information which may constitute personal information. Personal information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
Kinds of personal information that Appticon collects and holds
Personal information that may be requested includes:
- contact information such as your first and last name, date of birth, contact telephone number, current and valid email address and home address;
- information regarding your interests, experience with our services and more detailed contact preferences. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
How Appticon collects and holds personal information
Active information collection
Personal information may be collected via our Collection Channels when you:
- purchase a product or download an App from Website or Mobile Application;
- participate in any offers, marketing activities and/or promotional activities;
- contact us directly via any medium including SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email (“Electronic Messages”), social media platforms, mail and telephone;
- interact with a Website or Mobile Application for a specific purpose;
- browse a Website or Mobile Application generally; and
- sign-up to, or register an account via, any Collection Channel.
Passive information collection
As you navigate through our Websites and access our Mobile Applications, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data). For example, we may collect information about matters including but not limited to the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website or Mobile Application is accessed via links in an Electronic Message we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website or Mobile Application.
We may combine your anonymous or personal visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with other personal information collected from you from time to time via our Collection Channels, in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website or Mobile Application via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website or Mobile Application where you have identified yourself, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Purposes for which Appticon collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To maintain and improve the functionality of a Website or Mobile Application to provide better service to Website or Mobile Application visitors and users, including the compilation and analysis of statistics and trends, the provision of information to you relating to the content available on that Website or Mobile Application and any e-commerce transactions conducted via that Website or Mobile Application.
- To fulfil obligations in respect of any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and Appticon.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites and Mobile Applications.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading of, access to, and receipt of, content on a Website or Mobile Application and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website or Mobile Application), content, services and products.
- To provide marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone and Electronic Messages or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To respond to customer enquiries.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other market research and development (including to record statistical data for marketing analysis).
Failure to provide personal information may result in Appticon being unable to provide you with certain content, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
Other trusted third parties may be engaged by Appticon to perform a variety of functions, such as fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites and Mobile Applications. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
Contact by Appticon and third parties
Appticon and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents), either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via Electronic Messages, telephone, post or any other form of electronic, digital or conventional communications channel using the personal information provided, in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Appticon may send you non-commercial, administrative Electronic Messages which relate to an existing user account. Non-commercial, administrative Electronic Messages may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Appticon user account.
Ability of others to view information
Appticon may provide areas on a Website or Mobile Application where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be publically posted on a Appticon Website or Mobile Application and/or shared with others, including without limitation, on social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publically available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of a Appticon Website or Mobile Application. Appticon is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Appticon is very sensitive to privacy issues. Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Appticon to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s on-line activities.
Security of personal information
Appticon will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information complete, accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
In some cases, Appticon may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including but not limited to recipients in the United States of America, UK and New Zealand. Appticon employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Appticon. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Appticon will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Access to personal information
You are in control of any personal information you provide to us. If at any time, you would like to access, review, correct and/or delete the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to change your preferences for contacts from us, you can let us know via the contact details listed below or updating your profile once logged in. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Your personal information may be stored in different locations depending upon the reason for which you originally submitted the information. The more information you can provide us about when you originally submitted your personal information, the quicker Appticon will be able to retrieve your personal information.
If requested, all reasonable steps to delete personal information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Appticon being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading of, access to, and receipt of, content on a Website or Mobile Application, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website or Mobile Application), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, products or services.
Links to other sites
Our Websites or Mobile Applications may, from time to time, offer links to sites that are not operated by Appticon which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the policies, practices and conduct of other companies linked to any Appticon Website or Mobile Application.
We may use third party advertisements on our Websites and Mobile Applications. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers. Third party advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by Appticon or any of its affiliates. To the extent permitted by law, Appticon is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website or Mobile Application. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign.
Related Appticon Websites or Mobile Applications
Sale of the Company